District VIII AVP for Texas.
Model airplanes have been a part of my life for over 60 years on an on and off basis (mostly on) beginning
with stick and tissue models during WWII to CL as a teen then to RC along with Club and AMA volunteer work.
Currently Secretary/Officer/Newsletter editor for Alvin RC Club, Leader Member Admin and Flight, CD and member
FSAV. Strong believer and supporter in the role of AMA and enjoy contributing where I feel I can make a
difference and contribute.
My qualifications are:
· Retired Engineering and Business Manager
· Modeler and hobby woodworker for as long as I can remember.
· Started to build the stick and tissue models during WWII around 5-7 years old.
· Went to CL as a pre-teen and young teen for many years. During this period began building/flying CL Scale.
· Began RC in the early 70’s in the areas of Sport and Pattern.
· Member of AMA and Officer (Vice President and President) of the HARKS (Houston Area Radio Kontrol Society) in the 70’s and early 80’s.
· Upon retiring I got back into the sport (Sport flying and still scratch and kit building), joined the Alvin, TX RC Club and rejoined AMA.
· Finance team leader - AMA Strategic Taskforce lead by Andy Argenio
· Leader Member - Administrative under original program
· Leader Member – Flight Support under the new program with Rusty Kennedy
· Flying Site Assistance Volunteer (FSAV) – Texas Coordinator – Setup and managed AMA booth at a conference of County Commissioners and Judges.
· Currently Secretary/Officer/Newsletter editor for Alvin RC Club, Leader Member Admin and Flight, CD and member FSAV.